Château Saint-Pierre de Mejans
Chateau Saint-Pierre de Mejans
Cuvée Old Vines – AOC Luberon 2019
On these very filtering soils that deliver low yields, the principle that one extracts more finely in the vines than in the cellar is fully verified.
The search for elegance is somewhat the signature of the estate, a former priory, which dates from the 12th century.
” Bel équilibre aux tanins soyeux”
- Area: 2 hectares
- The grape varieties: 60% Syrah, 30% Grenache Noir, 10% Carignan
- Average age of the vines: 25-45 years
- Cultivation method: sustainable cultivation
- Type of terroir: Clay and limestone with stony load
- Grape picking: by hand
- Vinification of the grape varieties: together in the same vat
- Total destemming
- Type of tank: 90 hl stainless steel
- Yeasting: yes
- Maximum temperature: 28 ° C, temperature control by runoff water from a well.
- Average maceration of 3 weeks
- Aging in concrete vats, 18 months
- No collage
- Plate filtration
To request more information or reserve the estate
Wednesday - Sunday
10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
2 Voie Communale Jas de Puyvert
84160 Puyvert, France
+33 4 90 08 70 10